Sunday, November 21, 2010

#43 George W. Bush


We took this picture at a souvenir shop while walking through Old Town Alexandria. Score an extra point for a chance encounter and an extra $40 in my pocket since I was prepared to buy this piece of junk for the sake of the project. My favorite part is how you can clearly see the "No Pictures" label on Dubya. Fear not POTUS fans, I did some smooth talking and got the OK from the shopkeeper before taking the picture. Believe it or not, I actually did meet Mr. Bush after one of his speeches at the Economic Club of Chicago in 2003. All I can really say about it is he has really soft hands and a memorable handshake. I still had a decent amount of hair back then and someone actually told me that I resembled the President. I think I look more like Vin Diesel now ... I know, it's hard to tell with my shirt on.

No comments:

Post a Comment